Education in America starts too late. It has been shown that there are massive benefits to offering pre-kindergarten options to children throughout their lives, especially for those from low-income families. It also increases sociability, and it relieves the financial burden of finding daycare for families who struggle to afford it.
Problems to be Solved
- checkOur education system starts too late.
- Pre-k and early childhood education have been proven to get kids off to a better start, and it also relieves families from having to find and pay for daycare for their children when they are 3 and 4. Other countries are investing in it, including China, and we need to as well for the good of our children and families and our long-term competitiveness as a country.
- checkCreate a pre-kindergarten public education system for all 3 and 4-year-olds
As President I will...
- Direct the Department of Education to work with states to create a plan for universal pre-kindergarten education
- Provide loan forgiveness for education majors who volunteer at places that provide pre-K education.