My father immigrated here from Taiwan to get his PhD in physics, stayed here, and generated over 50 U.S. patents for GE and IBM, two great American companies. We need to make sure that we are winning the global competition for talent to keep our economy strong and dynamic. It’s stupid to train top people and then let them leave, often to compete against us. We are in a global war for talent – the societies that attract the best and brightest are more competitive and innovative. America has traditionally won that battle. With me as your President, we will win again. We will make it clear that if you are smart and enterprising and want to build a business, there is no better place than the United States.
Problems to be Solved
- America isn’t attracting the world’s best talent anymore
- America is training people only to have them leave the country and compete against us
As President, I will…
- Enhance the H-1B visa program and give workers who receive positive reviews from employees the options to remain in the country as permanent residents.
- Enhance the F-1 visa program and automatically grant any student who graduates with at least a graduate degree a green card.
- Personally sell the top students of the world that they should come to America, start their families here, build their companies here, and then their kid can become President.