Marriage rates have plummeted across the board in America. And if you do get married, it’s tough to stay together through all of the stresses that accompany marriage and particularly child-rearing. Any couple that stays together is a win for the next generation. We should support families who want to stay together in any way we can.
Problems to be Solved
- Divorce negatively impacts the adults involved as well as children
- Children from two-parent households have, on average, better outcomes across most metrics
As President, I will…
- Include family counseling in any healthcare plan offered through the federal government
- Mandate the inclusion of family counseling services in any plan sold through the ACA marketplaces
- Subsidize marriage counseling provided by any credentialed provider through the tax code