Make it Easy for Americans to Move for Work
Americans are moving less than ever, which is bad for our labor market, our economy and our culture. Moving is an act of optimism that leads to adaptability and positive change. We need to get America moving again for new opportunities.
Problems to be Solved
- Americans often want to move for better job prospects but can’t afford the costs
As President, I will…
- Direct the IRS to create a program to refund up to $1,000 of moving expenses for any American relocating for work.
- Push to reevaluate which professional licenses are actually necessary, and remove the requirement that federal contracts go to people with those licenses when they are deemed to be unnecessary.
- Work with licensure boards to increase the mobility of professional licenses.
- Universal Basic Income will help address this as well by giving more Americans the financial resources to move.