Running the country like a business means adopting basic things like appreciating your constituents. If someone pays taxes, that’s great and we should make him or her feel like they contributed to important things that make people’s lives better. Revenue Day should be a day of joy and celebration for our national community.
Problems to be Solved
- Taxes are viewed as a burden instead of a contribution to our shared society
- Tax day is dreaded, not celebrated
As President, I will…
- Create a federal holiday on the date taxes are due.
- Provide a report to every taxpayer with a breakdown of where their tax dollars go (Social Security, military, medical research, etc.) with shared video stories of what their tax money makes possible.
- Allow each American to direct 1% of their taxes to a specific project, department or activity of government (e.g. Veterans Affairs, National Endowment for the Arts, etc.).
- Bring 2 taxpayers who filed their taxes early from each state to a celebration at the White House with members of Congress on Revenue Day.