Modern Time Banking
There are many things that we want to see happen as a society that the market doesn’t recognize or reward. We need to create a new way of both measuring and rewarding positive behaviors that spurs people to give to and ask more of their neighbors. We could create an entire parallel economy around social good that spurs incredible levels of activity and reconstitutes the fabric of our society.
Problems to be Solved
- Americans spend less time interacting with their community
- Americans feel disconnected from their neighbors
- American rates of volunteering have steadily declined over the past decade
- For “soft” policy initiatives such as fighting obesity, there’s no individual incentive to engage with the initiative
As President, I will…
- Create a new time banking app to track points awarded and traded for helping your community and neighbors
- Empower local communities to define what activities they’d like to promote through the use of time banking points
- Donate all my points to the top-earning high school students in each state.
- Set time banking points prizes for a visit to the White House and a meeting with me and/or fun civic-minded local celebrities