The US is innovative and extremely capable of developing cutting edge green technology. The private sector will be more motivated to invest time and energy in developing this green technology if companies can trust that they will be able to sell their products and technological advancements overseas.
When foreign governments want to buy goods from private US companies, the Export-Import Bank (EXIM Bank) finances the loan that allows foreign governments to purchase those goods. The EXIM Bank can make certain goods appear more attractive to other countries, by offering better financing options for different goals, like lower interest rates. Let’s use its powers for good by making it cheaper for other countries to buy US sustainable energy technology.
Problems to be Solved
- checkOur country does not have a plan to export cutting edge green technology.
- We can save the world for our children, make the environment healthier, and build a much stronger economy. We need to come together and get back to what America is all about - innovation, hard work, and solving the biggest problems the world is facing.
- checkUse the EXIM Bank powers for good by making it cheaper for other countries to buy US sustainable energy technology.
As President I will...
- Use the EXIM Bank, or create a new, Green EXIM Bank, to aggressively export US green technology throughout the rest of the world.
- Direct the State Department to engage in climate diplomacy, forming relationships with developing nations that are looking for partners in building an energy infrastructure that’s sustainable.