Who wouldn’t want to have access to some of the leading experts, artists, and thinkers of the era in making decisions and policies? Plus the American people would have the benefit of an apolitical group that could cross administrations. It could even help depoliticize our thinking and get us on the same page over time.
Problems to be Solved
- The vast knowledge held by experts, artists, and thinkers in America is not always widely dispersed throughout the population.
- Individuals with outsized influence on the thinking of the President don’t always share the advice they give publicly.
- Our public debates have devolved into online shouting matches between disparate bubbles, with little intellectual respect for people who don’t share our viewpoint.
As President, I will…
- Appoint experts, artists, and thinkers on whose opinion I rely to a Public Council of Advisors, and task them with providing opinions on topics that they think are of public importance.
- Commit to releasing any communications between me and the Advisors publicly.
- Hold regular meetings with these Advisors, on set topics of interest, to be broadcast nationally.
- Commit at least one meeting per quarter to a subject chosen by online petition.