Robo-Calling Text Line
It’s ridiculous that companies can call us all day every day pitching us unwelcome services, particularly when the calls are automated. Our time is the most valuable resource we have. Companies need to value our time the same way that we do. If you call me you’d better be human.
Problems to be Solved
- Robo-calls are increasingly frequent given that they cost next to nothing for the companies who are calling.
- There is no accessible means for an individual citizen to register a complaint and decrease incoming calls.
- There is no disincentive for increasingly aggressive marketing tactics that erode our accessibility and empathy.
As President, I will…
- Initiate a Robo-calling Text Line (800-ROBOCAL) to which all citizens can forward any number that makes a marketing call that they found offensive or a waste of time.
- The FCC would investigate any complaints and levy significant fines to repeat offenders.