FULL RULES & CONDITIONS
ATTENTION: By entering into this Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Official Terms and Conditions below and represent that you meet all outlined eligibility requirements. All aspects of Promotion are void where prohibited.
Entrants must follow form instructions and complete all necessary fields in order to submit an eligible entry. Receipt of entries will not be confirmed by Sponsor. All entries must be submitted and received within the Promotion Period.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. ALL CONTRIBUTIONS ARE STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. CONTRIBUTION AMOUNT WILL NOT AFFECT OUTCOME OF PROMOTION. MAKING A CONTRIBUTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Promotion is Andrew Yang in coordination with Friends of Andrew Yang, P.O. Box 214, Midtown Station, New York, NY, 10018.
- ELIGIBILITY: ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGARDING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ENTRANTS APPLY. THE PROMOTION IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT U.S. RESIDENTS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS) WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES, PUERTO RICO, OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY AS DETERMINED BY APPLICABLE LAW. DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, NATIONAL CHAIRS, ONGOING CONTRACTORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES OF SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, OR THE IMMEDIATE FAMILIES OF EACH, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER TO WIN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU.
- DISCLAIMER: Sponsor, along with its related committees, candidates, affiliates, directors, members, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: There are two requirements to enter the promotion:
- Participants must retweet the original tweet in the original Contest Tweet thread posted on June 24, 2019.
- Participants must be following Andrew Yang @AndrewYang on Twitter.
- Failure to submit all required information in the manner required under these Official Rules and/or on any entry or contribution form may result in disqualification. Proof of online entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Promotion begins on June 24th, 2019 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on July 4th, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Promotional Period”). All entries must be received within the Promotional Period to be eligible to win the prize.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION: One (1) winner will receive one thousand dollars ($1000) per month for twelve (12) months beginning on August 1st 2019 and ending on July 1st 2020.
The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $12,000, and the provision of the Prize by Sponsor will comply with federal election law.
All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize is awarded with no warranties of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Prize is non-transferrable and may not be substituted for cash or any other Prize, unless, at its discretion, Sponsor deems it appropriate or necessary to substitute the Prize for one of greater or equal value.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER: Twenty (20) potential winners will be chosen by a random drawing from all eligible entries to be held by Andrew Yang on July 18th, 2019. Sponsor may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on each potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving the Prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that awarding the Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption or disturbance of any event associated with the Promotion. Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, then select an alternate winner at random from the list of eligible potential winners following a background check. The winner will be notified by e-mail no later than July 18, 2019. Winner will be contacted via private message from @yang_campaign and must respond within 24 hours to claim prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential guest in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event that not enough potential winners respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the Prize, Sponsor may select additional potential winners by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- IDENTITY OF ENTRANT. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle submitted at time of entry. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with sufficient evidence that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle associated with the winning entry. In the event that an authorized account holder cannot be determined for selected winner, a new entrant will be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- WINNER RESTRICTIONS: The winner must respond to his/her notification and complete and return all required documents within twenty-four (24) hours of notification in order to be awarded the Prize. As a condition of receipt of the Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner must execute and deliver to Sponsor: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a Confidentiality Statement; (c) a Liability Release; and (d) a Publicity Release giving Sponsor permission to use, royalty-free, the name, hometown, and photographs and/or recordings of the winner in campaign promotional material or advertising. If the winner does not meet eligibility requirements, fails to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours, or fails to return the signed documents within twenty-four (24) hours, they will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining entries, in the same manner as outlined above.
- GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- COPYRIGHTS & TRADEMARKS: The marks associated with this Promotion are the sole property of Sponsor. All Promotion materials are copyrighted works owned by Andrew Yang.
- REQUESTING RULES, NAME OF WINNER, OR DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: To receive a written copy of the Promotion rules, the name of the Promotion winner, or a description of the Prize, please send your request and a self-addressed and stamped return envelope to Friends of Andrew Yang, P.O. Box 214, Midtown Station, New York, NY, 10018.
- INTERPRETATIONS & DISPUTES: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Terms and Conditions and Sponsor’s interpretation thereof. All interpretations of the Rules and other Promotion materials shall be made at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding. Any disputes shall be governed by the laws of New York State, and shall be resolved in the courts of New York State, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions.
- VIOLATION OF RULES & LAW: Entrants who attempt to violate or who violate these Rules will be disqualified. Entrants who tamper with Sponsor’s computer or network systems, or other systems, in an attempt to disrupt the Promotion or increase chances of winning, or violate any law governing this Promotion, will be reported to relevant authorities and disqualified.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: This Promotion is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply to this Promotion. If any terms or provisions of the Official Terms and Conditions are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Terms and Conditions at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Terms and Conditions, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Questions about this Promotion may be sent via email to email@example.com with “Freedom Dividend Giveaway” in the subject line, or via U.S. mail to Friends of Andrew Yang, P.O. Box 214, Midtown Station, New York, NY, 10018.